Friday, December 26, 2014

Home made smoked salmon

Oh my,  what an amazing Christmas lunch we had.  I have never smoked anything before and yet decided that was going to be lunch.  Camping in a place where there were only 6 other people.  Bliss.  We and the salmon got smoked but it was so good I smoked the other half too. So 1.8kg of amazing sugar coated smoked salmon was made. Oh now I know I need a smoker. Waiting for the hoards of campers who will invariably arrive in the next couple of days.  Enjoying it in the meantime.
Not the best photo of me, but look at the Salmon and the empty campground. It filled up after that but it was lovely on Christmas day.

1 comment:

  1. Home made smoked salmon sounds wonderful - good on you! Yes, you definately need your own smoker.

    Happy camping - we are currently away in the caravan at Foxton Beach.

    Merry Christmas to you and your family.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for stopping by. I love that you took time out to comment on my blog.

A gorgeous break in Rarotonga

Woo hoo, A holiday with no kids for 11 days. Bliss, relaxing and warm! BTW it was an early 20th wedding anniversary present to ourselves....